Saturday, July 6, 2013

So Called Castle...

 


Though I have heard and used it many times I never bothered to check the exact meaning until my son started going to school and in his nursery class he was to make castle in origami sessions, and he brought and showed it to me.
I have been hearing about it from the next day I landed my foot in Guildford, first from the lady who took us to the lunch the day before we joined the office, during the chat with Rachel in office, and few more people whoever described about the Guildford.
So finally we decided to give a visit today and started from the house around 10:30 am. While walking towards the bus stop myself and Sachin, my colleague who is accompanying me in this trip of 2 months, started discussing about the lunch. We wanted to have the lunch at nearby Nepli restaurant as its taste was nearer to Indian cuisine though, not same. So we decided that if we finish off seeing castle in 2 to 3 hours then we will come here and have our lunch.  Yet to give it a try we went to the nearby restaurant named “Gurkha” and verified by any chance if it is open now for breakfast as well, but hard luck its timing was from 12 pm.
From there we went to the nearby bus stop, 2 minutes’ walk and got into the bus which came in 5 minutes. I asked for 2 tickets to friery bus station and one way, driver told me to give 2.40 per person. Yes here there is no conductor to issue tickets as in India. Every person who gets into the bus gives the money to the driver, takes ticket or show the pass, and only after the person sits and the door is shut, the bus starts moving.  Background processing was going in my mind - how come yesterday the bus driver just said 1.80 pound per head, and today it is 2.40…. then I convinced myself that may be this bus takes longer route or because today is Sunday they charge extra. The stop where we were supposed to get down was the last stop and we became quite familiar with it as we had many rounds to that place by bus, walk taxi etc.
My stomach started talking the moment I got down from bus, and I told Sachin that I want to eat something as I can’t be hungry till we finish off seeing castle and oh yes, I need energy to climb the castle as well. So we both ate, I don’t know what it was called as, I went and asked for anything which is just vegetarian, so the lady suggested something which looked more like khari stuffed with cheese and inion paste, which wasn’t great in taste. We started walking and found a direction board towards the castle.
We walked till we crossed a lane and asked a lady where the way to castle is, and she thought for a moment and suddenly realized that it was just besides us. We entered the castle and saw the board which showed complete map of the place we were standing on. Then collecting some courage I asked Sachin to click a snap of me.


Rather than a memory, I took the snap to send it to friends as except swat no one had ever seen me wearing jeans. Then we started climbing and taking few more snaps.
It was a beautifully place, very well maintained, full of flowers, quite place. There was lone duck entertaining the visitors along with some lotus buds in the lake, so I thought I should catch it in my camera for the effort it is taking.


Then we climbed the castle to half and enjoyed the view for sometimes




It was very old castle though well maintained, was not a place you would fancy visiting unless very much interested in history which I am not.



To enter it and go to the top there was a fee of 3 pound. I wanted to go but, at the same was thinking is it worth 3 pound, then I asked Sachin and he did not show any interest either. So we explored the place for some more time and took some pics of the really nice flowers, garden and came out.



It took just half an hour for us to go and come back so we thought would explore high street, also called as town center which hosts many shopping malls, banks etc. I went to sainsbury’s and did some window shopping as well as real one. Then we both went to Indian restaurant run by Bangladeshi had a nice buffet and came back to room.
One thing which I knew and reconfirmed today is marketing plays an important role in selling a product.

2 comments:

  1. Nice one Suj.. Congrats for ur first post and welcome to the family.. keep writing and keep exploring

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well written. Keep writing .. believe me its addictive. Hope to see more posts from you. :-)

    ReplyDelete